Friday, October 26, 2018

Gallagher's Gastro Pub - Gastronomic!

We popped into Gallagher's Gastro Pub on McCurtain Street, Cork a few Sundays ago for an impromptu brunch. 
Note to self: alcohol is only for sale from 12:30 pm on a Sunday here in Ireland and every other day from 10:30 pm.

I ordered the burger, topped with bacon, cheese, sauce, lettuce, gherkin and tomato. It was tasty and a generous portion, thw chips were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside - peftct! However I felt that the meat patty lacked favour. 

In a Jamie Oliver episode once, he stressed the importance of flavouring the raw meat patty before cooking rather than after the cooking process. 

Duncan ordered the full fry up breakfast, less eggs :-) Greasy and delicious with the Irish pork sausages taking centre stage :-)

I waited patiently until 12:30 noon when my glass of chardonnay was expertly brought to me. The service was prompt and friendly. The decor was beautiful and inviting. 
We will definitely be going back to Gallagher's to sample more from their tasty, affordable menu :-)

A lovely touch are the photos of famous actors and people on the walls (I am assuming they have visited Gallagher's at some point?)




Stunning decor

Love the lighting


Very cool wallpaper

My half-eaten burger :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment