Monday, March 27, 2017

Private shopping & the Cape experience

I recently had the privilege to be the private shopper and cook for some of The President's Club members. It was an awesome experience from start to finish!

My project included helping plan the menus, buy all their shopping, ingredients for the meals and cook, deliver and set out their lunches each day for the duration of their stay.

I have subsequently added Private Shopping to the list of services I offer for Corrinne's Kitchen.

So if you know anyone coming down to our beautiful town who would like their home kitted out before they arrive to enjoy their holiday, please drop me an email on corrinne.austin@gmail.com.

I'll leave you with a taste of my culinary experience of the Western Cape two weeks back.

Overall I had an amazing time and the food was incredible! A place that stood out for me was Lourensford Wine estate in Somerset West. Their restaurant, The Millhouse Kitchen was superb. They have their own coffee roastery on the estate, which serves delicious brews.

We did the Wine Tram experience in Franschoek, and was a little disappointed with Grande Provence estate. They are a bit pretentious with their food, and their was a huge lack of flavour. The flavours that were on the plate, did not fit well together. I think the chef should take a rethink...I left there feeling rather like I had been robbed!

I would definitely recommend the wine tasting at La Bri, La Bourgogne and Mont Rochelle.

There were some other really amazing spots like Bree Street. We visited a gorgeous cafe called Clarke's Bar and Diningroom for breakfast, Bacon On Bree for a snack (see pics below) and I would have loved to try a few more along that street.

We also visited the V & A Waterfront, where we visited an awesome spot called Mondiall where I had their signature dish of a fish taco.

Enjoy!
Grande Provence berry dessert

Wine installation at Ricketty Bridge in Franschoek
Grande Provence 'Cheese course'


The view from La Bri in Franschoek

View from my window in Strand

View in Franschoek

An awesome sculpture at Grande Provence
Craft beer @ Bacon On Bree
View from Bacon on Bree's window


A starter of duck rissoles, rocket and creamy dressing (Bacon on Bree)


The big wheel at the V & A  Waterfront

Delish fish taco at Mondiall at the V & A Waterfront

The view from the Strand Pavilion resort roof-top

The sun setting over False Bay on my last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment