Monday, December 20, 2010

Rosemary Foccacia

I have tried for years to bake bread. To my absolute frustration, I can never get it right, no matter what I do. I picked up a tip that said there is too much chlorine in our tap water and this would interfere with the dry yeast that I use. So I boiled the water.
I managed to bake a delicious rosemary foccacia. I have yet to try my hand at the other varieties of breads that I have always wanted to make.

Hope you enjoy the recipe, it is also from Marie Claire's book, Hot !
Still warm from the oven ;-)

Rosemary Foccacia

Ingredients:

450g all purpose flour
pinch sea salt
2 teaspoons dried yeast/15g fresh yeast
1 tsp sugar
5 tblsp olive oil
1 tblsp sea salt, fro sprinkling
fresh rosemary for sprinkling


Method:

Put the flour into a large bowl with a good pinch of sea salt. Add yeast and sugar  to dry ingredients (if using dried yeast). Add a cup of warm water and the olive oil and mix to form a soft, pliable dough. Knead well. Put into an oiled bowl and cover until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
Put dough into an oiled baking tray and press down. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle generously with sea salt and rosemary.
Preheat oven to 200 ' c Allow to rise for a further 20mins (depending on how high you like your foccacia). Bake for 20 mins until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment